“Choices, not Circumstance”
This moving and dynamic presentation challenges students to reassess their life’s choices and journey, and gives them tools to use when they are faced with difficult circumstances. Julie recounts her own powerful stories and challenges in life, connecting with students on a deep level, teaching them to use their adversities as opportunities for change and influence.
- Understand that circumstances do not define them, their choices do
- Make smart choices and not fall victim to peer group pressure
- Develop Self-Confidence
- Learn how to be a leader, not a follower
- Build resilience and grit
The world needs more KINDNESS! Be Kind is a high-energy, fun and interactive presentation that highlights the importance of being kind and encourages young people to make kindness part of their daily life, on social media, as well as in-person. The foundation of this assembly is based on building character, and how to be a person of good character, no matter what anyone else chooses to do or say.
- Learn what it takes to build their character and how that impacts their long-term goals
- Learn how to be kind to others
- Learn to be empathetic and kind online
- Learn to make smart choices and be safe online
- Be challenged to complete a school-wide kindness challenge to build awareness
“Red Ribbon Week”
A powerful, interactive assembly highlighting anti-alcohol, anti-drugs and anti-tobacco messages based on Julie’s own personal experiences of losing her best friend in High School to an accidental drug overdose, as well as surviving a horrific car accident she endured by a drunk driver.
This is a raw and moving presentation aimed at taking the shine off drug and alcohol experimentation in youth, and exposing the harsh truths about using drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
“College & Career Mastery”
For middle school and high school students
Working with the California Department of Education, ECCCO curriculum standards and 21st Century Learning Skills, Julie has created a comprehensive “College and Career Readiness” Training Program for Middle school and High school students, to prepare them to successfully transition from middle school to high school, and then on to the college/university, and finally to the career of their choice.
This program systematically develops the vital life and professionalism skills that are necessary to achieve success in the current economic climate.
“How To Create a Career & Life You Love, While Avoiding Burnout”
Educators and Administrators only
In this strategy-filled presentation, Julie gives educators and administrators the tools they need to prioritize their lives in a way that creates balance, which in turn creates happiness. This presentation focuses on how the individual can re-align themselves with what’s important to them, to live a fulfilling life.
Ideal events for Julie’s presentations:
- Middle School and High School Assemblies
- Student Leadership Conferences
- Student Conferences/Workshops
- College and Career Fairs
- Graduations/Commencement programs
- Summer Camp Programs
- Red Ribbon Week
- Educator Professional Development
Julie has been a Keynote Speaker with:
- Keynote Speaker; Think Kindness
- Keynote Speaker; Cebrin Goodman Teen Institute 2017
- Keynote Speaker Operation Smile International Conference
- Keynote Speaker for City of Los Angeles Summer Camp Program
- Keynote Speaker National Academy Foundation (NAF)
- Keynote Speaker & Workshop presenter Nevada HOSA
- Keynote Speaker New Hampshire HOSA Fall Leadership Conference
- Keynote Speaker Southern California 4-H
- Keynote Speaker Strive for Strength
- Keynote Speaker Riverside County FNL Program Red Ribbon Week
- Keynote Speaker Riverside County Red Ribbon Week
- HOBY Cal-Central SLC Speaker
- CAL-HOSA SLC Speaker
- HOSA International Student Leadership Conference Speaker
- College & Career Readiness Trainer with Pasadena Unified School District
- Workshop presenter HOSA National Leadership Conference
- California Department of Education- Teacher Training
- National Consortium for Health Science Education- Teacher Training
- Health Educators Summit- CA Dept of Education
- Friday Night Live-Teacher and Student Training Speaker
- Soroptimist International
- Pasadena Unified School District
- Arcadia Unified School District
- Ideal Youth, Inc.
- Collective Voices Organization
- Pasadena Youth Council
- Pasadena Education Foundation
- City of Pasadena 9-Week Teen Empowerment Summer Camp Program